Today is the day you improve your relationship with your wallet. Today is the day you clean out the cobwebs, cleanse away the negative vibes, and create the energetic space to welcome abundance back into your wallet.
Most of us have a strong energetic connection to our wallets whether we realize it or not. It’s either healthy or it’s toxic.
How healthy is your relationship with your wallet?
This article is all about focusing on having a happy, healthy, cashflow-friendly wallet instead of a stressed-out, toxic, always-empty wallet.
Nine steps towards a full, happy wallet:
- Do you love your wallet? If you don’t love your wallet then you are sending the wrong vibes to the flow of your money. Your wallet goes everywhere with you. It is your constant companion. It never leaves your side. You know where it is every moment of the day so you’d better make sure the energy exchange is one of love, and not apathy or resentment. If you don’t think you can love your current wallet then buy a new one that feels great to touch, has an appealing colour and is logistically simple and efficient. Love your wallet.
- Eliminate, eliminate, eliminate: Empty absolutely everything out of your wallet. You want it to breathe and welcome cash easily. A wallet crammed with old receipts, dockets, unwanted phone numbers and useless information is unloved and most certainly not a place where money is likely to hang out. If you want your wallet to attract 30% more cash, then create the space by throwing out 30% more stuff.
- Cleanse, purify and uplift: Before you put the essential items back into your wallet, it’s time for a bit of cleansing to remove all the stagnant, toxic energy. Leaving it out in the sunshine for a couple of hours works wonders but I find essential oils definitely the best for giving your wallet a whole new and fabulous feel. You will notice the difference instantly, I promise. Spray your wallet lightly with a few drops of the essential oil lemon and warm water. Alternatively, place a few drops on a tissue and rub gently over your wallet. Lemon is very cleansing, uplifting and refreshing. It will purify negative emotions. As an additional bonus, lemon offers clarity to your mind which is very useful when spending money. Yeah!
- Simplify your wallet: Only put items into your wallet that you know for sure you will use either daily or weekly. Get a wallet with as many compartments as you need so you can create a simple flow to its layout. Remember, your wallet is not a mini filing cabinet so only keep essentials in it. The lighter the energy in your wallet, the happier it will be.
- Notes should always be sorted: I remember watching Suze Orman years ago saying that if you don’t respect your money then how can money respect you? Suze could tell just by looking at the way a person placed money into their wallets whether they had money or not. Those who had a healthy, happy relationship with money had all their notes and coins neatly sorted. Those who were broke had totally disorganized and messy wallets. Perhaps you are somewhere in between. How you replace your coins and money back into your wallet has a huge influence over the energetic relationship you have between you, your wallet and your money.
- The colour of your wallet: The colour of your wallet can influence your subconscious and spending behaviours. Colour is scientifically known to affect your moods and emotions. Red indicates you may rush into spending money too quickly; brown suggests you are cautious about spending money and possibly scared of losing it, too. Green is considered by many colour experts to be the most abundant colour for a wallet. Green relates to growth, spring, rejuvenation and abundance. It is a combination of both yellow and blue which activates both sides of the brain. Green therefore encourages the use of the whole brain in the spending and receiving of money. I bought a green wallet after participating in an inspiring color therapy workshop about five years ago, and I love it.
- Fill it with abundance: Keep your good luck $50 note always in your wallet. It is known to physiologically improve your thinking and beliefs around money. I always keep an image that evokes a high vibration of energy such as the OM symbol, or even a small crystal, to help with the higher vibes.
- Weekly maintenance: Spend five minutes each week emptying the receipts and unnecessary stuff that has gathered uninvited into your wallet. The energy in your home feels dull, flat and dirty when you get behind with the house cleaning. The same energies will appear in and around your wallet when neglected for more than a month. A weekly ritual of tidying up your wallet keeps a healthy energy flow around you, your wallet and your money.
- Happy thoughts: Always speak kindly to your wallet and money. Monitor your soundless conversations when putting money in and taking money out. If your conversations are too negative, then create your own little mantra: “Money flows easily into my wallet” “My wallet is always full of money.”
Carole has kindly given Midlifexpress permission to publish this article which originally appeared on her fabulous blog thehealthylivinglounge.com