Reading Time: < 1 minute
- 2 cups finely chopped pears
- One and a half cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a bowl, mix pears with sugar and nuts; set aside and let stand for one hour, stirring frequently.
- Add dry ingredients to the pears; stir to combine.
- Add oil, vanilla, and beaten eggs. Stir to blend.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tins
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Makes 10 – 12 muffins