Contrary to what society might have you believe, midlife is not all about weight gain, wrinkles, cellulite, medical problems and menopause.
Midlife is a process involving change, physically and mentally, a search for meaning and knowledge.
Top Ten Reasons to enjoy midlife:
1. You are more sure of your interests
2. You know what you don’t want to do any more.
3. You are less concerned with trivialities
4. You can have a sober night out with your girlfriends
5. You wear what’s comfortable, not what’s fashionable
6. You can balance in your shoes because you no longer pretend to like high heels
7. Your liver gets a long rest between drinks
8. You appreciate that life is short
9. Your concentration gets better
10. You have reached an age that few of your ancestors could dream of. Find out your key characteristics now.
You know you’ve hit midlife when you can remember:
- Boy George as an anti -drug crusader
- Michael Jackson was still black
- The Bay City Rollers causing teen riots
- ABBA – when they won the Eurovision song contest
- The first Live Aid concert
- Charles’ and Diana’s wedding
- Jason Donavon selling as many records as Kylie Minogue
- Halley’s comet and its last Earth flyby