How To Go From $0-$40,000 a Month Writing From Home
Have you ever wanted to self-publish but unsure of the steps involved?
Then this podcast by James Altucher will help.
Altucher is a popular blogger who sold 150,000 copies of his latest book Choose Yourself on Kindle. In this episode he interviews Steve Scott who generates an income of $40,000 a month from his Kindle book titles.
Altucher and Scott discuss their experience of email marketing, sales tactics and creating a successful brand.
I have published books on Kindle but they don’t generate the sales of Altucher and Scott. However, this podcast is a useful guide on how authors might emulate their success.
I have summarised the main details:
- Become an expert in your field. Scott focuses on productivity skills and has written 41 books around this theme.
- See yourself as a business and create a brand.
- Email marketing is more effective than using Facebook and other forms of social media
- Break your titles down into smaller ones so that you can sell books on a specfic topic. For example, Scott discussed how he would break down the process of writing a book on golf. He says he wouldn’t write one overall book on the subject but separate books as a step-by-step guide.
- Don’t worry about page length. Scott often writes books of only 44 to 50 pages and sells them for 99 cents.
- Some titles will do better than others so continue writing and experimenting to see what sells.
James Altucher also explains why a New York Times bestselling author earns less than a best selling Kindle author.
Overall, keep writing, self-publish and enjoy the experience.