You may be unsettled to find after completing our quiz that the Sorceress archetype seeks expression. This is understandable given the unkind treatment she’s had throughout history. She’s either a toothless hag (think Macbeth) or a scheming seductress(think Morgana le Fay, Merlin’s apprentice).
And given the dearth of murderous Scottish princes and lusty old wizards for the Sorceress to torment and bewitch these days, what’s left for her to do in our high-tech, low magic world?
The Sorceress is about transformation and there’s still lots of transforming to be done. You can read all about her here.
And when you’ve read about her, here are some suggestions for keeping a 21st century Sorceress busy:
- Study alternative medicine.
- Make incense and oils.
- Learn to interpret handwriting.
- Study body language.
- Draw your own set of tarot cards with contemporary images.
- Brew alcohol.
- Read scientific magazines.
- Keep a blog.
- Observe animals and insects.
- Learn about the brain.
- Cultivate herbs and healing plants.
- Join an environmental group.
- Download whale songs.
- Swim with dolphins
- Learn a musical instrument.
- Spend time in the desert.
- Visit a shaman.
- Try a spiritual retreat.
- Purchase a bag of Runes.
- Learn about the Enneagram
- Develop your intuition.
- Write witch fiction (an increasingly popular genre)
- Interpret dreams.
- Download Into the Mystic , a Sorceress eBook.
The 21st century offers an opportunity to reinterpret the role of the Sorceress.