The Sage is our culture’s wise scholar. This archetype is sometimes confused with the Sorceress, but there is a difference. The Sage operates more from an empirical, secular base, and she’s intent on acquiring knowledge for the love of it. Whereas the Sorceress works primarily from an esoteric, intuitive foundation.
When the Sage seeks expression, however, it may not necessarily require that you take up intensive study. There are other sides to this powerful archetype you may also like to explore.
Why don’t you do our quiz and see if the Sage is seeking to be part of your midlife journey?
If so, then your Sage may like to:
- explore a contemporary topic.
- write letters/comments to the editor of a news site.
- contribute to Wikipedia or a Wiki.
- share knowledge with a local community group or online
- study the origins of language (especially your own).
- engage with educational issues.
- join a political party.
- become a contemporary pamphleteer by writing a blog.
- enjoy quite time in contemplation.
- develop an intrest in philosophy.
- join a debating team.
- study history.
- download a copy of The Considered Life , a short guide for the Sage archetype.
Remember ‘knowledge is power,’ and, used wisely, it’s a great gift.